Re: [Evolution] Problem moving messages to inbox

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 16:34 -0800, Auerbach, Steven P. wrote:
I am trying to move messages from my Exchange server mailbox to my
Personal inbox. I get an error message which says:

        Error while Moving messages to
        mbox:/home/spa/.evolution/mail/local#Inbox.

        Cannot append message to mbox
        file: /home/spa/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox: File too large

The file in question is in fact large (~2.1 GBytes) but I have plenty of
free disk space.

Looks like a filesystem problem. Some Linux kernel versions can't handle
files of over 2GB. This has nothing to do with free disk space. Try
compacting your Inbox (File->Empty Trash) or moving some messages to a
different folder (and then compacting anyway).

poc