Re: [Evolution] Restoring backed up addressbook.db

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 12:20 +0200, Karim Ratib wrote:
Evolution 2.4.1
Ubuntu 5.10

I'm trying to restore my backed up addressbook.db file. I renamed the existing ~/.evolution/addressbook/local/system/addressbook.db to addressbook.old and copied the backup in its place. I also deleted addressbook.db.summary. Upon Evo restart, however, I still see the existing entries, not the backed up ones. Furthermore, when I add a new entry, a new addressbook.db.summary gets created with the existing entries + the newly-added one.

you need to do
  evolution --force-shutdown
before you replace the file with the old one - to kill the data server process.

Lonnie Borntreger