Re: [Evolution] Cleaning up Evo's cache

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 03:57 -0700, Veerapuram Varadhan wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 10:29 +0000, B S Srinidhi  wrote:
Hi All,

I have a small problem with the ever-growing Evo's cache. I'll try to
explain myself by giving a small example.

I *had* an IMAP folder that housed close to 5000 emails. Since, that
was
taking quite some amount of space on the server and the fact that I
was
not able to read all those emails, I decided to delete the directory
from the server. The directory does not exist anymore on the server,
but
almost all of it remains in Evo's cache.
I am not an IMAP guy, however, if a folder is deleted in the server, I
guess, it should be deleted from the client as well (including any cache
w.r.t that folder).

I can confirm, though, that the cache does *not* get deleted in
Evo 2.4.2.1

How can I delete this directory (and many others) from the cache?

Would it be enough to delete the directory from
$HOME/.evolution/mail/imap/accountname/folders/INBOX/subfolders/ ???

I just wanted a confirmation from the list, before I mess with the
cache. :)

Take a backup and try it. :-)

I do it all the time (without taking backups first).  Better do
--force-shutdown, though.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them
down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good
reason.
Jack Handey