[Evolution] Evolution crash recovery

Hi chaps,

I switched to Red Hat Linux about 6 months ago, and started using
Evolution as it was the installed mail client. I have generally found it
excellent. However, this morning, whil eI was attempting a search within a
virtual folder, the program crashed. It has since failed to restart, going
immediately to the crash dialog with the 'restart' button. I am guessing
that it might simply have too much mail to search. Two questions:

i. Is there a standard crash recovery process that will get it working?

ii. How can I archive old mail?

Thanks for any help.

Best, Will Meister