[Evolution] Expunging Error

After a frustrating couple of weeks battling with SuSE 10.1, during
which I lost my /home partition, I have managed to restore much of my
original data, including my ".evolution" and ".gconf" directories.

At first Evo 2.6.0 seemed to pick up all my old mbox files OK, but has
suddenly started to refuse "Empty Trash" and "Expunge", with the
following error:

Error while Expunging folder.
Error storing `~/.evolution/mail/local/Sent (mbox)': Summary and folder
mismatch, even after a sync

I have illustrated the error with "/Sent", but the error can occur for
any mbox folder.

I have some recollection of previously seeing this problem mentioned on
this list, but I didn't keep a copy and I am unable to find a way of
searching the archives.

Could someone please point me towards a solution?

TIA

Dave