Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.6.2 ... I just want to cry...

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 22:39 +0530, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
Can you get the exchange hackers the relevant crash dumps ?
Is there a bug report in bugzilla.gnome.org ?

        I wish I could get THAT far.  I'm still hosed up by the whole ssl
thing.  Latest update at least had my mailbox correct (instead of some
global list I happen to own on the exchange server) so that's major
improvement.  But it still refuses to use SSL (non-ssl is prohibited
here - not up for discussion and I agree with the management on that
point 1000 percent) even though I can authenticate using SSL.  The
account edit always shows http: for the OWA URL (even though it even
says "use_ssl=always" in the gconf registry for that account) and I
can't authenticate against that.  Change it to "https:" and I can
authenticate, but then then Ok button is grayed out and nothing I do
will re-enable that button.  I have no choice but to cancel and then I
can't authenticate because non-ssl is prohibited (it can't even connect
to an non-ssl port so it bitches that the URL may be bad).  Last version
where I was even able to get this two work was ages ago when the dialog
had a "use_ssl" option you could set to "always" and THAT worked.
Hasn't worked since that dialog object disappeared.  Downgrading to
2.6.0 won't resolve that (and downgrading far enough to resolve the ssl
problem would break in-line gpg which is even worse for me).

        The only way I've been able to get Evolution to talk to our exchange
server lately (as in JUST lately today with this latest bug fix for the
dain bramaged mailbox bug) is with a major butt-ugly hacking using
stunnel on my local machine and jacking around with the local
static /etc/hosts file to redirect the exchange server name to a
loopback address on the local system and then through stunnel to the
actual exchange server.  Gag...  With that hack, I can, once again,
browse my folders on Exchange.  We'll see if anything crashes but how do
you debug something when you have to work with such a hack to make it
work in the first place?

Sushma/Sankar : Can you follow this up, please ?

--Harish