Re: [Evolution] Modifying memo categories

--- "Peter N. Spotts" <pspotts alum mit edu> wrote:

Folks,

How can I add or delete memo categories so they match the ones I've long
been using on my Palm Tungsten E2? My morning coffee may not have kicked
in yet, but I haven't found a way to edit the list. I have little use
for many of the default categories, and so would like to pare that list
down, as well as include the ones I'm used to using.

Open up a Memo. If the Categories field/button isn't available, go to View->Categories in the
menu. Now click the Categories button. The window that pops up will let you add, edit, and delete
categories. This affects the categories of the whole system, though, not just Memos (i.e.
Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos share the same categories within Evolution).

Also note that when you sync with your Tungsten E2, the EMemos conduit will automatically create
categories that don't currently exist. The same goes for Evolution categories assigned to Memos,
but not in your E2 (assuming the E2 has more room for categories - Palm OS 5.x only supports 16
categories for Memos).

HTH,
Nathan