[Evolution] Problems pasting text into new message

I'm using Evo 2.6.1 on Gnome 2.14.1 and Ubuntu 6.06.
I have problems copying and pasting text into new email messages.

1. If I copy some text from a web page in Firefox and paste it in the message, the resulting text appears to
have retained some formatting from the web page. It doesn't look different from typed text in the message but
the cursor becomes larger and I can't fully edit the text. In other software like OOo an obvious answer would
be to use Paste Special but Evo seems not to have this function. How can I avoid the problem and get simple
unformatted text?

2. If I try to copy text from a recieved or a sent message and paste it into a new message nothing is
inserted. I've tried using Edit/Copy, Ctrl C, right-click Copy but with no success. What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Peter