Re: [Evolution] Evolution in a Outlook world

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 15:15 +0200, Hans wrote:
I'm the sole Evolution user in a sea of Outlook clients that sends
MS-HTML formatted mails around.
My issue is that my "normal" mail display font is nicely tuned to
display perfectly on my hi-res laptop LCD and the HTML mails are always
one or two pt lower in res than the normal mails - displaying just to
small to be easily readable.

Can I change the font size of HTML messages independently from the text
mails?

Hehe, I recognise this one. HTML mails for some reason are always ugly
on evolution (but maybe on other mailers as well). And indeed they are
always smaller pointsize than non-HTML mails. I sort of resolved this by
changing the general gnome font size for applications, this seems to be
the font size that evolution uses, and then unmark the "use the same
fonts as other applications" tick and specify my own font+size here,
this is the one that evolution uses for non-HTML mail.

Not completely logical imho.

Besides that, I'd very much like to have a simple option to view the
ascii-part of a message instead of the HTML-formatted part, local to the
currently selected message. That is not the same as the "don't show
HTML" plugin.