[Evolution] Exchange connector problem

Hello all,

I've a strange exchange connector problem.

First off, here's what *does* work:

$ wget --http-user=MYDOM/username --http-password=mypassword

Running the above wget (http-basic authentication against an https URL)
gives me an index.html page with my mailbox frameset, and the standard
OWA intro.  Basically, it just works.

If I create a new Exchange account, and fill in the same https url as
above and the same username as above (MYDOM/username), and the same
password, I get the following error from Evolution:

"Could not authenticate to server.

Make sure the username and password are correct and try again."

Any ideas about what evolution is actually doing?  How can I enable

I've sniffed the connection, but since it's https, it's all encrypted.

Thanks for any suggestions!