Re: [Evolution] Bad surprise with Evolution when finally upgraded...

You can create a New addressbook folder in Evolution,
and copy the addressbook.db file to the folder in
.evolution/addressbook/local directory, corresponding
to the new folder you have created, restart evolution and e-d-s.
Your contacts should appear in the new folder created.
Now you can move them to your personal book.

Thanks,
Sushma.