Re: [Evolution] clear search tool w/o starting Evolution?

hi john,

Am Sonntag, den 08.01.2006, 12:57 -0500 schrieb John Cunningham:
Is there a config file that I can edit that will clear the search tool
without having to start Evolution?  I'm running into a problem with a
known bug, where Evo crashes during an alphanumeric search in an IMAP
mailbox.  The problem is, when I restart Evo, it crashes again before
I have a chance to clear the search tool.

I'm running Evolution 2.0.4 on FC3.

i do not remember exactly if the quick search view has always been a
per-folder-setting as in 2.4.x, but in 2.4.x this value is at least for
POP accounts stored in the corresponding ".cmeta" file ('grep' was my
friend to find this out).
so i'd try to delete the cmeta file for that IMAP folder which would be
    .evolution/mail/imap/$ACCOUNT_NAME/folders/$FOLDER_NAME/cmeta
in evolution 2.4 (replace $ACCOUNT_NAME and $FOLDER_NAME appropriately).

the cmeta file should be recreated when restarting evolution, but as
always: be paranoid. backups can really save your day. ;-)

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!