[Evolution] Re: junk filtering

Message: 9
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:09:29 +0100
From: Erik Slagter <erik slagter name>

Is it possible I have missed something?

Yep. Blame spamassassin ;-) This is used by evolution
to filter >junk.
Tweak spamassassin to your likings and evolution will
follow.

I guess I should feel lucky, I only get maybe a half
dozen a >day: I
understands others get hundreds a day, but it is
still annoying.

Like me :-(

Although only one in about 2-4 weeks gets through,
it's all in >the
tweaking (and learning) of spamassassin.

So is spamassassin a seperate package? Would it be
listed as a depencency that would be installed when
evolution was installed? From what I read, it sounded
like the filtering was built in to evolution, not an
external call to another package.

Thanks,
David