[Evolution] problems with certificates..

Hi.. I had a problem importing certificates in version 2.2.x.. and
assumed that it was the verion. I just upgraded to 2.4.1.. and the
problem is still there.  I am using SuSE 9.3.

When I go to import a certificate, it nicely asks for the password
etc.. but nothing happens.. same as when I try to import someone
else's certificate.

I tried running from the command prompt, and I got the following message:
importing pkcs12 from `/home/arosselet/Desktop/ati.rosselet-pgpkey.asc'
handle_error (7)
(this is/was a private/public pair)

or from another (not my signing cert, but a public key of someone else)
importing 2135 bytes from `/home/arosselet/temp/xyz.asc

which looks good.. but nothing shows up in the certificates..

What is wrong here? any ideas??

Cheers
Ati