Re: [Evolution] Calendar Problems

hi,

Am Freitag, den 10.02.2006, 09:39 +0530 schrieb pnayak:
Few people are facing this issue in evolution 2.4.1, better upgrade to
evolution 2.4.2.

sean: ubuntu has not updated its packages, so unfortunately 2.4.1 is the
latest version for ubuntu. :-(

poornima: next time, please ask to upgrade to the *latest* version which
is 2.4.2.1. 2.4.2.1 includes important fixes which are not included in
2.4.2!!

If the bug is still reproducible raise a bug in
bugzilla.gnome.org, attach gdb to process id of evolution when it is
hanging and then paste stack traces of evolution in bugzilla.

sean:
start evolution within gdb by using the command "gdb evolution" and then
"run". then when evolution hangs, hit ctrl-c, then type 'thread apply
all bt'. you will now get a stacktrace. at the end, you can leave gdb by
using the "quit" command.
you can find more information on getting a gdb backtrace/stacktrace at
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/bugs.shtml , section "Debugging
Evolution's Crashes."

poornima: don't forget you're talking to normal users here, and not
hackers. /me would have no idea what "attach gdb to process id of
evolution" means at all and would be pretty discouraged to investigate
further. "what are stacktraces? what are process id's? what is gdb - an
application? seems like there's no relation between gdb and
stacktraces?"

If you are using exchange backend, verify that exchange connector has
crashed/running and raise this bug under 'Connector' product. Paste
exchange connector stack traces also in bugzilla.

poornima: "how to get them?"