Re: [Evolution] Pilot conduits in Fedora Core 4

Hi Oliver,

Make sure you have the following files in:

<prefix>/share/gnome-pilot/conduits/e-address-2.2.conduit
<prefix>/share/gnome-pilot/conduits/e-todo-2.2.conduit
<prefix>/share/gnome-pilot/conduits/e-calendar-2.2.conduit

and these files, point to right .so in them.

In your case, i guess, the <prefix> would be /usr

HTH,

V. Varadhan

Oliver Sampson <olsam quickaudio com> 02/09/06 12:45 AM >>>
Howdy,
I'm having some trouble opening up the Pilot conduits under Gnome in
Fedora Core 4.

They simply aren't listed.

I found what looks like the files to be included here:

/usr/lib/evolution/2.2/conduits
/usr/lib/evolution/2.2/conduits/libeaddress_conduit.so
/usr/lib/evolution/2.2/conduits/libetodo_conduit.so
/usr/lib/evolution/2.2/conduits/libecalendar_conduit.so

but they aren't showing up under Tools->Pilot Settings->Conduits.

So I looked to the Help file and I get this:
"After your computer and your Palm OS device are communicating, select
the conduits you want under the Pilot Conduits section of the Control
Center."

Well, I don't have a Control Center in my Menu system, but I can run it
from the command line with gnome-control-center.  And once I run it
there's nothing called "pilot conduits," even though gnome-pilot and
gnome-pilot-conduits RPMs are installed.  (Is this the same program
that's executed from Evolution->Tools?)

So.  How do I get the Evolution conduits to show up under the
Tools->Pilot Setting->Conduits, so I can enable them for syncing to my
Palm Pilot?

Many thanks,
--
Oliver Sampson               Support Indie Music!
olsam quickaudio com         http://cdbaby.com/group/MrSampson