[Evolution] Self-induced lost mail ??

Hi;

I've got a friend who is new to all things Linux (FC6) including
Evolution 2.8.2.1.

Somehow he managed to delete/remove/hide his 'Personal' folder with mail
in it. (Don't ask me how; I don't know -- but I would think it would be
pretty difficult. I suspect that embarrassment is keeping him from
telling the whole story.)

The mail still exists on his POP3 mail account.  Originally marked as
read, he changed it on the POP3 back to unread.  He then re-created a
new 'Personal' folder.   If his mail might still exist on his machine,
where and how would I (he) look for it and re-install it.  If he can't
find it, how would he re-download his mail?  We have tried a simple
'Send/Receive' to no avail.

(BTW, my friend is real.  I create enough havoc on my own machine
without having to personally take blame for this one.)
--
Regards Bill