Re: [Evolution] Always asking for password

On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 12:09 -0800, Michael Fakaro wrote:
Had the same problem when I went to from Suse 10.1 - Suse 10.2

A fellow was good enough to give me the following info

You can work around it this way

test Merlin:~> gnome-keyring-daemon
GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET=/tmp/keyring-qdYsbQ/socket
GNOME_KEYRING_PID=16304

test Merlin:~> export GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET=/tmp/keyring-qdYsbQ/socket
test Merlin:~> export GNOME_KEYRING_PID=16304

Substitute your socket and pid info in the above commands

Then start evo from the command line and away you go

Thanks for the tip, Mike. It works like a charm. However, I found an
easier way to do it. There is a package available called, pam_keyring.
It is available at:

http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/suse/i586/pam_keyring-0.0.8-32.i586.rpm

The description of the package says:

pam_keyring is a pam module that launches the gnome-keyring-daemon then
tries to unlock a keyring using your login password.

One other change I had to make... I had to change my displaymanager from
kdm to gdm (I use kde). Now, when I login using gdm, the
gnome-keyring-daemon is automatically started up and the environment is
setup properly. I can now start evolution simply by clicking on it. The
keyring is already unlocked simply by logging in.

It works great.

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.
PGP Key Id: 9E1125E0