[Evolution] Problem with reminders on appointments

I am running Evolution 2.6.1 with Ubuntu 6.06 on an AMD-64 box.

I had an appointment set for Monday afternoon with a reminder set up for
Sunday.

The reminder popped up Sunday as desired.  I snoozed it for several hours
(5 or 6).

It showed up again as desired.  I snoozed it again for 2 - 3 hours.

Before the snooze time passed, I shut the machine down and went to bed
Sunday night.  I think the reminder should still be active since I have
not canceled it.

Monday I get up and start my machine and fire up Evolution.  I never did
see a reminder before the time of my meeting.  It's like shutting the
machine down Sunday night canceled the reminder.

Is this a bug or do I not understand how it works?

JC