Re: [Evolution] auto crash

hi,

Am Dienstag, den 25.04.2006, 01:42 +0000 schrieb Dongdong Shao:
I just started using debian, and installed evolution to receive email from
the university exchange server. The problem is when I startup evolution, it
will automatically hang, the status bar in the bottom displays formatting
message and retrieving message, and seems like it won't stop, so each time
I have to force quit. But if I startup from the calendar mode in the
console, this crash won't happen, but later when I click mail, it occurs
again. I haven't configured my exchange account yet, so there is only one
welcome message from the evoluion team as I can see, don't know what
happened and how to fix it, any idea?
By the way, I am using debian etch, and the evolution is version 2.4.2.1.

please try to start Evolution with a glib specific environment variable
set:

  $ G_SLICE=always-malloc evolution

for more information, see
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2006-April/msg00009.html