Re: [Evolution] directories to save for update

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 23:19 +0200, Joep Blom wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 09:23 -0400, Graham Campbell wrote:

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 14:50 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:

hi joep,

Am Samstag, den 22.04.2006, 12:54 +0200 schrieb Joep Blom:

Does this work moving from a 32-bit system to a 64-bit system?

Yes. I just did this a couple of weeks ago from a Pentium IV to an
Athlon 64 with no problems. In fact I backed up my entire home directory
and restored it, but it amounts to the same thing.

poc

Patrick,
I am curious why you did it. I only saved the directories I made and the
evolution and gnome directories. The other .xxx directories must be
rebuild for the 64-bit applications and will anyway be rebuild when you
install them(overwriting then existing ones).

I don't know what you mean by .xxx directories. In any case, I was
moving everything to a new machine, so I backed up my home dir on the
old one and restored it on the new one. What so you find strange about
that?

poc