Re: [Evolution] Wish: Uncached IMAP folders

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 23:47 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
Hi,

Some of my IMAP folders (spam, history subfolders for mailing lists,
etc) don't really need to be cached, but are, even if I accidentally
go into them.

So, a suggestion: add a boolean "do not cache" folder property.

Ummm... In theory that sounds do-able. Except to make everything
faster the backend actually reads everything of the cache. To
explain further, if something is not on the cache then a request is
made to cache it and then read from cache.

I dont see any major performance or memory improvements if i dont
cache it, you can always delete your cache in .evoulution/mail/imap
to delete that cache.

My two cents.

--
Shreyas