Re: [Evolution] Deleting mail with virii?

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 21:55 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi;

I have just installed and run clamav.  clamscan found 49 corrupted files
in ~/.evolution and ~/.evolution2.  Some of them from restored /home
files from previous versions of Fedora.  I am not blaming anyone.  What
I need to know is can I just go into my mail cache and delete those
infected email files?  Or will that screw up indexing or something?

Is local mail cached?  For IMAP mail, here's what I'd do:

From an xterm prompt:
$ acct=me\ haggis
$ evolution --force-shutdown
$ rm -rf ~/.evolution/mail/imap/${acct}/folders/INBOX

Next time I open a folder on an IMAP server, Evo will re-cache what
is necessary.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Why jobs are being out-sourced to 2nd & 3rd world nations: Unions
and Liberalism.
Unions for a general raising of wages, and Liberalism for the
creation of The Nanny State, which creates a *relatively* high
minimum wage, and *lots* of well meaning regulations that drive
up employment costs.
Lastly, Unions, Liberalism and it's offspring "the Me Generation"
have destroyed the educational system, at the same time that 2nd
& 3rd world nations are pumping out millions of highly educated
people who can live like princes on a fraction of US or Western
European wages.