[Evolution] Re: Evolution LDAP schema: Instant Messaging attributes

Hi Matt,

I could not find out-of-the-box attributes in the LDAP schema
corresponding to the IM info that Evolution uses. However, LDAP servers
take multiple schemas, each one introducing new attributes that you can
apply to entries in your addressbook. That means you can create your own
schema with your custom attributes. However, I don't think Evolution
will display those extra attributes without doing some voodoo. (In fact,
when you connect Evo to an LDAP addressbook, it disables the IM fields).

I found at least one custom schema introducing IM attributes. You can
find it at
http://sebastian.dietzold.de/archive/2004/08/25/seebiperson.schema You
will need to edit your LDAP server config to include it.

Hope this helps,
Karim