[Evolution] evo / gdeskcal integration

Hi ,
I'm just getting started with evolution, I'm surprised I've never came across evolution before - perhaps this can compensate for my abismal memory. I have a few questions but I'll stick them in seperate threads.

The feature which caught my eye was integration with gdeskcal. I thought gdeskcal should automatically load my evo calendar, but I couldn't seem to get it working at all. I've sorted the problem by creating a symlink to my local evolution calendar in ~/.gdeskcal/ . Is this a bad idea?

Cheers,
Dougie