Re: [Evolution] mass email from evolution

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 15:22 +0200, Juergen Schmidt wrote:

hey

we have customers using evolution. they send mass-emails from evolution
to their organisation-members. around 400 emails each sending ...

on our mailserver we use smtp-restriction to 100 recipients. is there a
way to teach evolution to split this amount of email-adresses and send 4
emails each with 100 recipients?

That sounds like a perfect task for a script.

Write the email in a text editor, then click on a button linked
to the script.  It mails the mail text file to all the people
listed in the members file, or LDAP, or where ever they are stored.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Temporarily not of Jefferson, LA USA

"[Hitler] has grasped the falsity of the hedonistic attitude to
life. Nearly all western thought since the last war, certainly
all 'progressive' thought, has assumed tacitly that human beings
desire nothing beyond ease, security and avoidance of pain."
George Orwell, 1940, reviewing /Mein Kampf/