[Evolution] VCard importer doesn't work

I used Andrew Seniors's dialer.c
(http://www.andrewsenior.com/linux/dialer.html) to convert my Palm
address.dat file to a VCard file (address.vcf) but every time I try to
import the .vcf file into Evolution 2.2 it gives me the error "Error

I assume the vcard file's formatted wrong or something, but it looks ok
to me.  I noticed Debian's evolution package includes a file called
csv2vcard, so I tried using dialer to convert address.dat >
address.csv, and then ran csv2vcard - but no matter what parameters I
give it, it just prints the usage message.  (For instance "csv2vcard
address.csv address2.vcf" prints the usage message and creates a 0-byte
address2.vcf file.)

What should I do to further diagnose this problem?

Joe