[Evolution] mailsync question

I'd like to take the plunge and switch over completely to evolution;
however, my one remaining issue concerns synchronizing my mailboxes on
my laptop and desktop.  Currently, I use vm under emacs as my mail
client and use a program called mailsync to synchronize (it works
perfectly).

Does mailsync work on evolution mail folders?

I've looked at the ~/.evolution/mail/local directory and it is clearly
more involved than a simple unix mailbox.  There are the
following files:

       Inbox
       Inbox.cmeta
       Inbox.ev-summary
       Inbox.ibex.index
       Inbox.ibex.index.data

Inbox looks like a standard mailbox file (although I'm not expert and
am not 100% sure) but the rest certainly aren't.  If I were to run
mailsync only on the Inbox file on the two machines, it might work,
but how about the rest (my bet is that they won't).

If mailsync doesn't work, is there another program that can do what I
want?

David