[Evolution] Evolution problem

I have a simple X application that traps ClientMessage events, checks
to see that they don't correspond to WM_DELETE_WINDOW or
WM_SAVE_YOURSELF messages if not, terminates the program with a query.

When evolution (2.4) starts  it seems to be broadcasting a
ClientMessage, which my program picks up and then exits.   The
theevent.xclient.data.l array is all zero.

This is easy to protect against, but I'm suprised that evolution (or
gnome) needs to do this broadcast.

David