Re: [Evolution] Question/Bug in Evolution?

David

I believe that some of the functionality you need can be set up by
creating a file called abiword.desktop, with the following contents:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=AbiWord Word Processor
GenericName=Word Processor
Comment=AbiWord Word Processor
Categories=GNOME;Application;WordProcessor;Office;
Encoding=UTF-8
Exec=abiword
Icon=abiword
Terminal=false
Type=Application
MimeType=application/x-abiword;application/msword;application/rtf;text/abiword;text/plain;text/richtext;text/rtf;application/vnd.ms-word

On my Kubuntu system, this file is in /usr/share/applications. I think
it can also be placed in ~/.local/share/applications.

Give this a try. You will have to quit Evolution to make this work.You
may have to log out/log in, restart the X server, or even reboot, to
make this work. Once it works, you should be able to open a file with
the MimeType application/msword from the drop-down Evolution menu.

Let me know if this works. It should, but as I discovered this by
informed trial and error, there is a good chance it won't.

Steve