Re: [Evolution] Keeping states

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 15:06 +0200, guenther wrote:

As I'm not entirely sure what you're really about (and my memory of 1.x
versions is fading ;), here are a couple of notes that should cover your
issue.

* When switching folders, Evo remembers the selected mail and the
  position in the mail list. This even works after closing Evo.

no it doesn't.  I know it intends to, but it doesn't do a very good job
of it IMHO.  Please don't be upset by this remark, I'm just
commenting :)

I would file a bug, but the behaviour is so hard to define anyway, that
what should I expect it to do in the first place?

  Caveat: Unfortunately Evo remembers the *scroll* position only and
  will return to that position. If you get a lot of new mails in
  between, the selected mail can scroll out of the visible area of the
  list view.

why?  wouldn't it make more sense to remember the specific selected
email?

* Searches are saved on a per folder basis and remembered, when getting
  back to that folder.

yes, this works and works well.  Unfortunately, it works a little to
well, and sometimes I wonder where all my emails have gone, only to
notice a search is active.  I guess thats a PEBKAC though...

Thanks,
--
Iain Buchanan <iaindb netspace net au>