Re: [Evolution] changing smtp port 25 to 5025

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 21:02 +0200, Alain Henry wrote:
Hello,
I have problems sending e-mails using Evolution.  My service provider
tells me that I could try changing smtp port 25 to 5025 in my mail
client.  I searched, but did not find where to change that in
Evolution.

There isn't a special, separate field to do this.  You simply add the
port number to the end of the server name under your account settings
tab.

      * Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Accounts

      * Choose "Edit" on the account in question

      * On the "Sending Email" tab change the "Host" field as mentioned.
        You just need to add the port number (with a colon) on the end.
        For example, if your SMTP host was:

        smtp.myisp.com

  Your new host setting would be:

        smtp.myisp.com:5025