[Evolution] pop problem after password reset

HI,
i have multiple servers that i connect to, using my
ximian evolution v1.4.5.
yesterday, i was asked to change my password on my
server and upon doing so, i have been prompted by
evolution that i should enter a password. naturally, i
entered the new one and receiving email started.
however, it started popping from the 1st email on the
server (i kept originals there)  and i have about 5k
of them! obviously, i have canceled the process.
having found no clue googling and such, i have tried a
few things like, "forget passwords" and retrying to
connect etc... each time, the emails were popped from
the very first one. i think evolution got confused
upon the password change and it does not know what to
do.
there is a cache file under evolution/mail/pop3
but is unfilled. The
evolution/mail/pop/"myaccount"/cache/XX directories
still exist, but not updated since last night.
Of course, i can wait to receive and then delete all
5k emails and be done with it just once, but this is
an EXTREMELY inconvenient situation.
I may be hopeless fot this instance, but if anybody
can help me as to what i should do next time a
password change on my server is due, i will greatly
appreciate it!
thanks.
Muge

Yahoo! Music Unlimited