Re: [Evolution] evolution-exchange 2.4.1 instability ?

On 10/7/05, John Affleck <lists+ximian lists oddment net> wrote:
I'm having a heck of a time getting the exchange connector component
to stay happy.  All I really need it for is a shared calendar, but I
seem to get the following a couple minutes after startup:

libedata-cal-ERROR **:  file e-cal-backend.c:  line 294 (e_cal_backend_finalize):  assertion failed:
(priv->clients == NULL)
aborting...

I've rebuild three times, blown away my gconf and .evolution settings,
and run it under gdb, and I jut can't seem to make any headway.  I
have a stack track (which points to the assertion above), but that
doesn't really help.  I seem to be able to provoke it more by trying
to get the clock-applet to show it's view of tasks and appointments.

Can someone give me a hint as to where to start looking ?  I think I'm
going to blow everything away again and try to get 2.4.0 to work.  I
haven't had much luck with that previously, but now I understand how
to flush out the gconf entries, maybe I'll have better luck this
time...

On Fedora Core 4 I've been using 2.4.0 since its release with out too
many issues. It seems more stable than the 2.2 series. It doesn't seem
to display the exchange calendar in the clock-applet and there are a
few other issues but its fairly stable. As for the 2.4.1 release I
can't even get eds compiled on FC4 so I'm waiting for it to hit
rawhide to see what patches are applied by the experts.

Pete