Re: [Evolution] More importing questions

hi david,

Am Freitag, den 23.09.2005, 18:05 -0400 schrieb David Ronis:
I'm trying to move from emacs(etc) to evolution-2.4.  I have a calendar
file that is basically free-form, but nonetheless, emacs' calendar mode
has no trouble parsing it.  To get the data into evolution, I've tried:

1) importing the file--no luck--it isn't recognized

of course, since it's free form, there won't be an importer. :-)

2) writing a trivial program to parse the file, write vevent entries
(see below) and then import the file--this does something, but in the
end, I see nothing in the calendar and no error message.

hmm. any output on the shell?

4) Finally, (I like this one the best :)):

I deleted ~/.evolution/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics and
started evolution.  The calendar entries I'd added via evolution were
still there!  Clearly the information is being stored somewhere else,
and hence, I guess that my manual attempt to hack the file was doomed to
fail.

well, the appointments are stored in that file, if you have added your
appointments to your "Personal" calendar. other calendars are stored in
the other folders under ~/.evolution/calendar/local/.
evolution stores its information about its calendars (NOT the
appointments) in gconf at "/apps/evolution/calendar/sources".

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!