Re: [Evolution] Message deletion bug?

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 15:12 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
[I tried this on 2.4.1 and 2.5.1 with the same result.]

First some background which may or may no be relevant. The way I handle
spam is for a server-side SpamAssassin process to file suspect messages
in a SPAM folder. For false negatives (i.e. undetected spam) I manually
move the offending messages to a subfolder of SPAM and periodically
process it by logging in to the server.

Processing involves a little shell script on the server which calls
sa-learn on the contents of the subfolder.

After that, I delete the contents of the subfolder using Evo. I then
expunge the subfolder to clean it out.

Patrick,

This sounds neat - it's bugged me for a while that I'm processing spam
in two places (I also have SA on my server). Would you mind posting your
script - I'd like to try it on my set-up?

Thanks,

Des

For curiousity, I just checked on the server and the last bunch of spam
had not been deleted. Nevertheless, Evo shows the folder as empty. I
made sure Evo was set to Show Deleted Messages, and Show Hidden
Messages. I also made sure there was nothing in the Search box.

I exited Evo and fired up Thunderbird. Sure enough, the messages are
still there. Go back to Evo and they don't appear.

I've never seen this happen before and am not sure I can reproduce it,
which is why I'm giving so much detail. Probably this has nothing to do
with spam processing as such. (Note that Evo doesn't know I consider
these messages to be spam, as I don't use the Junk controls).

It's worrying that an apparently deleted message is still present on the
server, *even after quitting and restarting Evo*. Is this another
caching bug or what?

poc