Re: [Evolution] Pilot synch

I assume you're using the Tools/Pilot/Sync menu from within EVO.

In my case I had success when - and only when! - I set the conduits anew
every time I use the Pilot.

Maybe that helps.

Regards Martin

Am Donnerstag, den 03.11.2005, 17:27 +1100 schrieb Andrew Greig:
Hi All,

I have recently had my notebook and Palm Tungsten stolen, and for the
moment I need to re-instate my PalmIII, which is a serial device. Set up
thus:

[andrew localhost ~]$ ll /dev/pilot
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 10 Nov  3 16:04 /dev/pilot -> /dev/ttyS0

ownership of /dev/ttyS0 is

[andrew localhost ~]$ ll /dev/ttyS0
crwxrwxrwx  1 root root 4, 64 Nov  3 17:09 /dev/ttyS0

I am also a member of the uucp group

I set up the Pilot to use /dev/pilot

The Pilot is recognised with my user number being Andrew Greig 7177
whereas mu ser number in the Mandriva  2006 box is 501 (as usual)

The sync starts but gets nowhere.  I set the conduits to copy data TO
the Pilot but the synch operation reports:

"The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop was lost.
Some of your data was NOT backed up.
gnome-pilot v.2.0.13
On host localhost
Copy to pilot EAddress"

I really need to sort this out.  Any help appreciated.

Andrew Greig
Melbourne, Australia