[Evolution] Stuck on Formatting Message (...)

I have not completely understood exactly what causes it but through many
versions of evolution right up to and including the 2.4.1 I am using
right now, sometimes I will click on a message and it will come up in
the preview window and the status bar will say "Formatting message
(...)".  That message will then be stuck in the preview window and
clicking on new messages does not change it.

The common issue seems to be HTML messages with image references in them
(which I am not loading).  I have one in particular that causes the
problem frequently.  It also seems to happen frequently if I plow
through the described kind of message quickly.  If I give evolution
enough time to complete rendering it seems to happen less.

I have to restart evolution to be able to see new messages in the
preview window at this point.

Any ideas?

b.

Brian J. Murrell