RE: [Evolution] Using separate email accounts POP and IMAP

From:  Brian G. Peterson

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 10:31 am, David Booth wrote:
If folks are thinking about the future plans and what to add, it
would
be great if Evolution could support better separation of mail
accounts.

Why not just use IMAP?  It's a better protocol all around, in
my opinion.

Because:
1. I often work offline, thus it's more convenient to grab the full
content of all messages all at once.

2. Last time I tried IMAP (admittedly with a different email client) it
was too slow, I'm guessing because of the chattiness.  Speed is critical
for anyone who does a lot of email.  (This is the main reason I like
Evolution, BTW!)

3. Not all of my email accounts support IMAP.

In any case, from a design perspective, I see no reason why IMAP and POP
should be treated differently with respect to account separation.  It
seems to me that the email access protocol should be mostly transparent
from a user interface perspective.

David Booth