[Evolution] Environment variables? / How to specify evolution directory?

How can I tell evolution what directory to use, instead of the default
~/.evolution?  I want to run more than one instance of evolution for
different mail accounts, and have them stay completely separate -- not
multiple identities within the same Evolution console and evolution
directory.

This ought to be trivially easy--presumably by setting the appropriate
environment variable or command-line option.  However, I have been
unable to find information about Evolution environment variables, except
in reference to specifying what browser to use (which is apparently NOT
accomplished with env vars, BTW), and none of the command-line options
that I've found seem relevant.  Apparently there is no man page :( and
the evolution user guide seems to have no mention of this.  Searching
the archives and the Web in general have similarly been fruitless.

Any idea how to do this?  It ought to be trivially easy.

I'm using evolution 2.0.4 on Gnome / Debian.

--
David Booth