[Evolution] Upgrading 1.4 to 2.2

I have been using Evolution 1.4 as came with my Fedora Core 2. It's
buggy and closes whimsically, but it does work (mostly). I have been
trying to discover a good way of upgrading this to a more recent
version. On this list, I found the link to
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/
and from there, I downloaded evolution-2.2.2-3.i386.rpm.

Is it the accumulated wisdom of the group that I ought to just rpm -Uvh
this package, or is this analogous to looking down the barrel of a
shotgun while trying to make the trigger work?

Are there dependency issues that will make this question moot?  Should I
wait until some other day when I upgrade to Core 3 or 4?

Thanks,

--
Henry Meyerding
hwm goomba com