[Evolution] SSL support in 2.1.6?

Hi all!

I am having problems with the SSL support in the last unstable
versions of evolution. I used to have the debian compiled package, but
I decided to try to create a debian package with the last version of
evo (2.1.6). After compiling it and enabling every single option I can
imagine which relates to SSL:

DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGS := \
        --with-nspr-includes=/usr/include/mozilla/nspr \
        --with-nss-includes=/usr/include/mozilla/nss \
        --with-nspr-libs=/usr/lib/mozilla \
        --with-nss-libs=/usr/lib/mozilla \
        --enable-nss=yes \
        --enable-smime=yes \
        --with-openldap \
        --enable-nls \
        --disable-gtk-doc \
        --enable-pilot-conduits \
        --with-krb4=/usr \
        --with-krb5=/usr \
        --enable-ipv6 \
        --sysconfdir=/etc \
        --enable-nntp \
        --libexecdir=/usr/lib

the compilation works fine and I am able to install the generated deb
without a problem., but then when I try to download my mail from a
pop3s server, which requires SSL to connect, evolution just says that
SSL is unavailable. I know I have all the libraries required,
otherwise the program would not compile... but still I can't make it
work... Has something changed in the latest builds that disables SSL
support? How can I enable it again?... I have tried to compiled it
from a fresh download without any debian related stuff and still the
same behaviour... I am attaching the config.log file, just in case it
helps...

Thanks for any help! I am stuck with a webmail to read my mail until I
get SSL working!
/Nacho