[Evolution] Way to create an account to create Maildir without extraneous account info?

I still find the way one must create an account to work with the Maildir
storage format incredibly wacky and quirky but be that as it may I am
wondering if there is a way to create such an account without having to
specify an email address along with Receiving SMTP or sendmail Host info
within the account?

Better yet is there a way to create a Maildir folder without having to
create an email account to do it?

All I want to do is create a folder to store emails using the Maildir
format.  I don't want to have to create a new mail account and include
in that account all this other stuff that is completely extraneous to
creating a Maildir folder.  If I try to save the account without all
this other stuff Evolution won't let me create the account.

Carlos