[Evolution] Calendar timezone changes

hi,
At some point in the past, I travelled from my regular home, in australia
to europe. while I was there, I changed the timezone in evolution
calendar, but forgot to change it back.

So now I have a years worth of calendar events I'd like to get back into
the correct timezone.  I've tried just changing the TZID in the
calendar.ics files I can find, but to no avail - evolution is smarter than
that, and just promptly changes them back!

Does anyone have any hints on how I can do this? I'm using v2.0.3.

cheers
chris
|  TELESCOPE, n.                                                        |
|  A device having a relation to the eye similar to that of the         |
|  telephone to the ear, enabling distant objects to plague us with a   |
|  multitude of needless details. Luckily it is unprovided with a bell  |
|  summoning us to the sacrifice.                                       |
|                 -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"           |