Re: [Evolution] Removing and reinstalling evolution on Debian

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 12:41 -0500, Vicki Stanfield wrote:
I tried to remove and reinstall evolution to see if it fixed a problem I
was having, but I couldn't seem to get to a "virgin" install. Evolution
always remembered my previous settings. Here are the steps I took:

shut down evolution
apt-get remove --purge evolution
mv ~/.evolution ~/something_else
apt-get install evolution

Why doesn't this delete my settings?

because they are stored in gconf, so you need to also:

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/evolution
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>