Re: [Evolution] Cool Calender Feature (Birthdays)

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 18:38 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 11:26 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 15:36 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
Wow, just found a cool feature of evo 2.0.x

In the contacts, when I input the birthdays etc, I will get a
corresponding entry at the start of the particular day's Calender.

I wonder, is there something like a Alarm which can sound like 1 week to
that date etc?

no, right now the birthdays and anniversaries don't use alarms at all.
It is easy to add though, since we just can have a setting in the
new-calendar dialog for that.

If you can tell me how or can point me to the right URL for hacking it,
I will gladly do it.

the code to look at is at
evolution-data-server/calendar/backends/contacts. There you need to just
add an alarm to the ECalComponent's it creates. You could do that based
on the configuration
setting /apps/evolution/calendar/other/use_default_reminder. If that is
set to TRUE, then you can create an alarm for the interval set in the
configuration.

Another option would be to write a plugin (see evolution/plugins/) that
adds a setting to add a different reminder interval for birthdays (like
1 week before, as you said)

If you've got more questions, please use
evolution-hackers lists ximian com instead.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>