Re: [Evolution] evolution-data-server OS X build fails

Sorry to take so long to reply - system trouble + overtime at work adds up quickly... :(

Anyway, you were right, it was a configure bug - the gethostbyname_r test showed NULL as undefined - added #include <stdio.h> after line 9084 in configure, and the build succeeded. Waiting for the rest of Garnome to build to make sure everything worked.

-steve :)

Hmm, I wonder if thats the problem now, a quick look late at night that
was the first thing I saw.

But there's all the addrinfo crap causing problems too:

camel-net-utils.h:48: error: redefinition of `struct addrinfo'
In file included from camel-mime-utils.c:51:
camel-net-utils.h:59:1: warning: "AI_CANONNAME" redefined

We only redefine that stuff if configure can't find the right interfaces
- check config.log to see why it is defining NEED_ADDRINFO.

Hmm - this may actually be a Darwin problem. I installed a new version of gcc-3.4 from darwinports, configured with --enable-threads=posix, but it's still claiming "-pthread" and "-pthreads" as unrecognized options, even though the configure for e-d-s is finding pthread.h...the errors remain the same. I'll try building gcc myself and see where it gets.