Re: [Evolution] Duplicate mails from POP server

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 16:37 +0200, LLLActive GMail com wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new to the list.

I have a problem with the Evo 2.2.1 delivered with SuSE 9.3. It is
installed on a 64 Bit AMD system.

Evo (intermittently) collects all the already fetched mails it fetched
before; again and again. It comes to 4-6 duplicates. I even marked all
messages as 'read' and cleared them to a Backup folder, away from the
in-box. All the mails were collected again.

I have to keep all mails on the POP server to be able to access it from
two different pc's. I also "Disable support for all POP3 extensions", as
someone suggested before to solve the problem, without any effect.

The canonical answer to your question is:
    You are misusing POP.  This is what IMAP is for.  Once email
is moved, once, from the POP server to the IMAP server (i.e.,
software running on whatever box you choose), then your email can
can be accessed from any computer you'd like, using the IMAP
protocol.  IMAP may be tunneled over ssl, so passwords, etc, are
safe, blah blah.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Yes, there actually *are* stupid questions.