Re: [Evolution] calender reminders

The problem I seem to have with e-a-n is that just about every time I
start evolution it crashes for some unknown reason. If I start it
manually it sometimes work and sometimes crashes.

Can you try to gather some more information and maybe reproduce this
crash? When starting e-a-n manually, can you use gdb? If it crashes, get
a backtrace. [1]

Then file a bug report in bugzilla.gnome.org and attach that backtrace
to the bug.

OK, the other problem I've been having with evo is that it just
occasionally hangs while talking with the Exchange server. I end up
having to kill all the evo and eds processes and going back in. So
this time I thought I'd run it up through gdb and see what happens.
The problem I found is that it then can't seem to talk to either the
exchange process (evo-exchange-storage or what ever its called) or the
actual exchange server and I end up with copies of eds ees and ean
that a running and I can't kill (kill -9 gives me an error of
operation not allowed).

Peter