Re: [Evolution] POP3 | Howto delete Messages

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 20:33 +0200, guenther wrote:
I'm migrated from thunderbird to evolution, but I've one problem:
How can I delete messages on the server which are deleted locally?

You want to leave messages on the POP3 server, and have them
automatically deleted (somewhat "synchronized") on the server when
deleted locally?

There is no such option in Evolution.

POP3 isn't meant to store retrieved messages on the server anyway, and
it's a hacky abuse of the specs. But I don't want to start a flame war
here... :)

The functionality you are looking for is provided by IMAP, not POP3. So
you really should ask your server admin, if he can provide IMAP access.

Heck, run your own IMAP server.  It's really easy.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety." or
something like that
Ben Franklin, maybe